Hey, new Captivate owner here!

Last Updated:

1. Crimson13

Crimson13 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone. Used the instructions on this forum to root my captivate, and I have to say, I'm in love with my android phone.

Don't hate me, but I was an avid iPhone user until fairly recently. I certainly wasn't anti-android, but I had invested a fair bit in my Apple device and the apps therein, and it was pretty hard to let go, until the smegging battery started to have a lifespan of about 45 minutes on a full charge.

I've followed android for some time (since it was just a rumour), I'm a linux user and admin, only running windows or MacOS in a virtual environment everywhere but on my gaming PC. I think i've made a very good choice on my phone and haven't seen too much hate towards it (and what i've seen is relatively more directed at it's carriers or completely irrational).

I'll be around on these forums for some time.

Advertisement
  2. vailjo91

vailjo91 New Member

Hey man you made a good choice coming from that Iphone. I work for ATT and I am saying this. The Captivate is an amazing peice of equipment. I think you will be more then pleased.

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

4. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums! Glad you signed up!

5. Crimson13

Crimson13 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm falling more and more in love with this Captivate. What a fantastic phone.

I'm eating up apps like you wouldn't believe. I also videotaped my youngest daughter's Christmas concert this morning (she's 22 months) and it turned out pretty good! The camera wasn't even an afterthought when I got the phone, as I'm not a shutterbug (that's my wife's forte), I may actually take some pictures with it!

Eagerly awaiting 2.2 (waiting for the official release, just being cautious) and digging around on these forums for hours at a time :)

I'll try not to lurk, but that's in my nature.

6. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Welcome to AF!

Lurking it fine :) I'm sure you'll be able to offer assistance to other users as well though.

7. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Welcome to Android Forums, the greatest place on the webernet!!