1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Hey, Tasker fans! Can Tasker do this for me?

Last Updated:

1. 2003 FatBoy

2003 FatBoy New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey fellow Takerers. I'm loving the app, but I'm stumped trying to get it to do something for me.

I would love it if Tasker would disable the need to unlock the phone after the screen times out but ONLY if a certain app or apps are running. Problem is, I just can't seem to find the command in Tasker that prevents the phone from locking.

Example: I love to listen to music when I'm doing outside work such as mowing the lawn. I will listen to the stock music player or Pandora, but it's a pain to have to draw the lock pattern when I want to change something in Pandora. So my perfect Tasker task would be something like this:

When Pandora or Music Player is running, disable the phone's lock. Also: When Pandora or Music Player is running, and the phone is plugged into a power source, disable the phone's lock and screen time out.

Thanks fellow Tasker nuts!

Advertisement
  2. 2003 FatBoy

2003 FatBoy New Member This Topic's Starter

I think I've answered my own question. I did find a Keyguard command under display. Now I have it when Pandora is running, Keyguard is set to off. One Pandora exit, Keyguard is set to on.

I just love the freaking program. Best money I've spent (beside getting and Android phone that is.)

3. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

That's the way I do it. I do this with the Camera app.