Hey, when did we get proxy support!?

Last Updated:

1. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm running CyanogenMod 5.0.6.2 and I just noticed that under Wireless and network settings there is a Proxy settings option. It asks you for a hostname and port and lets you choose to use it only under WiFi.

My question is: At school they make me connect to "http://proxy.nycboe.org/proxy.pac" to get internet access. My computer can do that through Firefox's "Automatic Proxy Configuration URL" option, but what do I do here to get it to work? Maybe the hostname is that URL and the port is 80 or something?

Either way I like the fact that we finally have proxy support. I really don't remember seeing this before so if it's old, forgive me. :eek:

Advertisement
  2. click339

click339 New Member

Hey Ive the Samsung Spica flashed to the new Android 2.1 and i cant find the Proxy settings anywhere. Do u think i need to reflash with another version?

3. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't know anything about that phone but I only saw it in the CyanogenMod ROM. If you don't have that, then that's your answer. If your phone doesn't have support for a CyanogenMod ROM then I don't know what you can do.

4. confabber

confabber Active Member

Atleast the official versions do not have proxy support. Not sure of unofficial versions though !!

5. dfg4evr

dfg4evr New Member

Any update on the proxy.pac

6. mgranja

mgranja New Member

Now for the first time there is an app in the market that supports proxy.pac autoconfiguration. It's my app, called Autoproxy. You need to root to use it, but it will allow you to use Market, Maps, Gmail, browse the web, anything. Check it out at https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mgranja.autoproxy

7. lechuckcaptain

lechuckcaptain Member

Hey, I'm trying to cover the topic from the Developer point of view in my blog. Maybe you can find it useful:

The issue 1273

Starting from this collaboration now also Zirco browser support the proxy settings, NO ROOT required!

johnlgalt likes this.