• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help hey will we get pinch to zoom?

hey all. new to the forums, and only a couple days new to android and the moment(after switching from that crap they call crapberry)

anyways, im liking it alot, the only problem I have with the web browser is no pintch to zoom, and no flash play.

so my question is, we will get the pintch to zoom feature with the default android browser and other 3rd party browsers once 2.1 comes out right? because every android phone that is 2.0+ supports pinch to zoom correct?

hey all. new to the forums, and only a couple days new to android and the moment(after switching from that crap they call crapberry)

anyways, im liking it alot, the only problem I have with the web browser is no pintch to zoom, and no flash play.

so my question is, we will get the pintch to zoom feature with the default android browser and other 3rd party browsers once 2.1 comes out right? because every android phone that is 2.0+ supports pinch to zoom correct?

Probably not, unless someone can figure out drivers to make pinch to zoom work. All the leaked 2.1 builds we have received so far doesn't have it included.

Upvote 0

Pinch to zoom has been addressed in many other threads. Run a search and you will find tons of info.

If you are looking for a replacement for p2z, try xscope browser. It's almost identical to the stock browser, and it has something called "pin zooming."

Again, there are several discussions about Flash. Run a search and you will get everything you want to know. Though on a side note, there is a new browser that just came out that claims to be flash capable (called swift or something like that, it begins with an 'S'). FYI, it's crap. It doesn't play flash and it crashes the phone.:eek:

Upvote 0
ohhh dang! I love pinch to zoom, and I read in an article, and asked sprint rep, and both said the moment will support it with the update.

man thats gonna really suck..it would make it so much better

Read a few of the release rumor threads here, and you'll understand why most here believe Sprint reps (and any other phone rep) know less than the average person on the street.

Upvote 0
Ok well another big question I had was the browser speed. I noticed today at the verison store that the moto droid loaded pages much faster then my samsung moment. And going off of basic knowledge of these phones and common sence, I think the main reason is the android os version, I mean let's face it. Sprint and verison both have about the same speed connection. The samsung moment stacks up pretty well against the droid. And almost any other top end smart phone on the market with it's 800 MHZ proccesor . So like I said, the only real conclusion I could come to is that the speed difference is almost only to the andriod version. So once I get it, I should see droid like performance correct?

Upvote 0
Pinch to zoom has been addressed in many other threads. Run a search and you will find tons of info.

If you are looking for a replacement for p2z, try xscope browser. It's almost identical to the stock browser, and it has something called "pin zooming."

Again, there are several discussions about Flash. Run a search and you will get everything you want to know. Though on a side note, there is a new browser that just came out that claims to be flash capable (called swift or something like that, it begins with an 'S'). FYI, it's crap. It doesn't play flash and it crashes the phone.:eek:

Skyfox beta can load and play flash videos.

Upvote 0
Apple is still fighting everyone saying they have a patent on hand motions for touch screens.

If the above statement sounds stupid to you, welcome to the club, population: everyone who doesn't own an iPhone.

Until a judge tells Apple to get over it, you will only see multitouch on phones from companies that feel its worthwhile to risk lawsuit.

Upvote 0
Apple is still fighting everyone saying they have a patent on hand motions for touch screens.

If the above statement sounds stupid to you, welcome to the club, population: everyone who doesn't own an iPhone.

Until a judge tells Apple to get over it, you will only see multitouch on phones from companies that feel its worthwhile to risk lawsuit.

Which in the Android world appears to be everyone.....except Samsung:mad:

If Samsung doesn't have a patent portfolio to counter Steve's claims of universal invention, I'll eat my shoes.

Just wait till Apple starts suing everyone over its new multitasking invention.

Upvote 0
I'm just saying here, you aren't missing anything. The flash plug-in the Hero has is a moderate joke. The processors in both the Hero and Moment would run total flash like crap; the limited flash on here is laggy enough as is, no more please.

The pinch-to-zoom.... I think I honestly like having buttons to zoom better (which is why I love dolphin browser). It's kinda annoying. That and our default browser doesn't like https websites..... (again, Opera 5 mini, or Dolphin fix this)

Upvote 0
Well, just that. It doesn't work. I can get to a link to access a secure website, but it will never load one. The regular, straight up Android browser is fine with this, the one HTC put on here as the 'default' doesn't do https very well (never). If I were a new user and knew nothing of replacement browsers, I would be pissed at this. Too bad I know more than the average sheep.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones