Hey y'all

Last Updated:

1. JD_from_da_80s

JD_from_da_80s Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 14, 2010
    I'm JD, joined about a week ago in anticipation of my Hero that I got on Monday & so far I'm very happy with it. This is my first HTC/Android device & my first time using Sprint's service. I was previously with Verizon for over 10 years & I've had a Palm device since 1999 (Palm III) & every phone I've owned has been manufactured by Palm so I feel like the biggest trader ever. It took me a very long time to decide to make the switch. I must have bugged every friend with a Pre, Pixi, Droid/Eris & Hero to make sure I was making the right decision. I was going to go with the Pixi since it was very similar to my last phone, the Centro. One of the things that got me to switch was the uncertain future of Palm. When I heard they were for sell I pulled the trigger & finally got the Hero. Another reason I got the phone was because of the price. I purchased the Hero from Letstalk.com. It's 49.99 & I found a $25 coupon online. I'm also trading my Centro in which is netting me about $24. Also, Sprint waved the activation fee, which was an added surprise. When all is said & done, I will pay 0.66 for the phone. The phone I really wanted to get my hands on was the Legend but I doubt it's making it's way to the US. I beginning to really admire the Evo too. I figured I'd play around with the Hero, root it, download a ton of apps & when either one of the two former phones came out, I'll be able to afford it since I got the Hero for dirt cheap. Now that I have the Hero in my hands, I don't know if I want to let it go. This site has also been a big help in making my desicion & I'd like to thank all of the posters. See y'all soon.

2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool: