Hey

Last Updated:

1. stevieg

stevieg New Member This Topic's Starter

Steve here,

Hello good people of this forum, I'm a Htc Hero owner since November based in Ireland, which sucks for me because the android app market has unbelievably still never opened for us Irish, which is especially weird as Google have the European head offices here. I still managed to get all the widgets I need for my Hero so its really just googles loss. I'm liking what it can do now that the decent apps are slowly starting to surface hte customisation factor is a big selling point for me. :)

But hardware wise I'm not so sure, as I have to use my Hero in 2g mode all the time because in 3g mode the signal drops out and the only way to get it back is by going into airplane mode and back out which really takes a very long time and is just a tad infuriating:mad: Also my girlfriend complains that she can never hear me properly when I ring her so I'm presuming its a bad microphone or the positioning. Its very annoying trying to explain the wonders of apps like 'swype' and 'newsroom' and she just mentions how it still doesn't do the basic phone functions like a phonecall very well.... Whys its so hard to please everyone :rolleyes: Another thing but a much smaller gripe (but sure while I'm venting) is how I can't access my apps off the sd card only from the internal memory which is low and expandable.

Anyhow enough whining.... a bit about me.... I'm a musician and have a degree in music tech. My brother makes those diner dash games for the Iphone and Ipad so I'm fairly well up on tech stuff. I have a macbook, I run a charity that works with refugees promoting music projects, bands, arts and crafts in East Africa. Find this site very useful as I felt the lack of structure to the android community was the only thing holding it back. After finding this site and a few others I anticipate android having a long bright future.

Cheers:)

Advertisement