Hi all, I am a newbie and having HTC Sync problems

Last Updated:

1. daveg1980

daveg1980 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,

I have just purchased an HTC hero for my gf, so far I have to admit android is impressive despite being on android 1.5. I am lookking to get 2.1 firmware on it, looks mighty impressive on the Desire.

I am new to the Android forum, and have ran into trouble with my htc hero. I am unable to install a new rom on it, as soon as I try to do so the HTC Sync disconnects, and reconnects once the rom installation has been aborted.

Any ideas?

I am running windows 7 32 bit, I have the latest version of HTC Sync, and have updated my drivers. This problem has driven me insane for the last 2 days! It was easier to install roms on windows mobile :eek:)

Thanks in advance, and look forward to chatting to you guys in this forum!

Cheers,
    Dave

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums :) I'll move this to where you can get more help.

3. HTC

HTC Well-Known Member

woah, you have a long way to go my friend. Gonna need to root the phone first, install recovery mods, then replace your rom. Try searching the forum for guides on how to do these.

4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

What carrier is your g/f with, Dave? 2.1 is available as an Over-The-Air update now for Orange and T-Mobile handsets, as well as generic unbranded Heros. Check in "Settings/About phone/Software information" for the current build number and we can advise.