hi all! new to dx, quick question!

Last Updated:

1. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hi guys i got my x yesterday and rooted it today:D! i am coming from a rooted droid 1 and let me say this phone is a great improvement!

with my d1 i pretty much kept it clocked to ulv 1.0. this is of course fast enough for me on the x as well. my question is does anyone keep their x clocked at ulv 1 gig? if so do you see any improvement in battery life?

thanks for reading!

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

firstly welcome to the dx world, bro. :)

I use stock settings unless I oc at 1.35. UL voltage..some folks do it, but mine's a bit finicky at ul.

3. jyarbrough20

jyarbrough20 Well-Known Member

I too came from a rooted droid 1. I just got my Dx last week and it is rooted.....a must have app is jrummy's droid x overclock.... i'm at 1.3 ghz low voltage w/ profiles set and i may have a slight improvement in battery life, but no worse.... jrummy's app is awesome and takes literally seconds to overclock/underclock..... check it out.... at 1.3 low voltage i'm posting some 1690 quad scores....

4. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member

I made the D1 to DX change a couple of months ago and also am glad I did. I have used ULV 1.0 up to 1.3 and have not seen any major changes in battery life and no real difference in temperatures. Each phone behaves differently as evidenced by the posts in this forum (some DX's lose stability past 1.1). Your best bet is trial and error. Enjoy your DX :)

5. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks guys! one thing i have noticed is that quad scores aren't as significant in real world usage as i thought. i can score higher with my d1 than my x but the x is definately faster in day to day use. perhaps it is x's 512 mb of ram vs the 256 in the d1.

right now i am digging the stock rom perhaps b/c its new lol. the phone is fast enough (for now) but my main concern is getting the best battery life possible which is why im thinking ulv 1.0.

6. tom108

tom108 Well-Known Member

most times i run at ulv 1000-300 with jrummys app. i get great battery life