• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
New to form. I have a Motorola Droid 2 Global, yes its an oldie but goodie, but its just been lying around the house while I used a basic LG flip phone since I retired. Just found a new offer from Verizon where I can get voice, text and data for less than I was paying for just voice and text.
Well dusted off the old Droid 2 and its been working fine except for some annoying apps that just burn up the battery life and are no longer of any use i.e. Verizon Backup manager, Blockbuster and several others. Doing some research found out that I have to be a super user to delete these. I have tried a number of one click methods and they just added more useless apps that cant be deleted!!

I am looking for a fool proof and secure method of deleting unwanted apps from my old Droid 2.

Thanks

Welcome to Android Forums :)

On many phones you can disable preinstalled apps without rooting (or super user) so they wont run, although this wont free up space:
1. Go to your phones Settings menu.
2. Tap Apps (or Applications).
3. Go to the All tab, you might need to swipe right/left to get to it.
4. Scroll down to the app you want to disable and tap it.
5. If Force Stop can be chosen tap it first, then tap Disable.

Be careful as disabling some system apps could cause your phone to not function correctly.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply.
I have tried what you suggested several times. When I do a forced stop the app stops but just comes back few hours later. One of my biggest problems is Verizon Backup Manager. It continues to run no matter what I do and does not work. According to Verizon they are phasing out BU manger in favor of Cloud. THey can offer no assistance on how to get rid of BU manager.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones