Hi....and HELP!!!Support

Last Updated:

1. carheex

carheex New Member

After researching a new phone this week I decided on the HTC One X+. I used to own and HTC windows phone and had issues using it with my Mac - whenever I tried to add media to the storage card my Mac would wipe the existing contents clean. With this in mind, I contacted HTC and they told me that there would ne no such issues with the One X+......

.....my phone arrived today and I spent a few hours adding apps, customising it etc. Superb phone....I thought. I have now tried to add video files but it is causing me to tear my hair out!

-If I connect my phone to my mac via USB I get no USB storage options. I just get a pop up box with containing the HTC SYnc Manager
    -In the phone settings it tells me that "USB Storage is Unavailable"
    -The option to "Mount USB Storage" is greyed out
    -I have tried adding video using the Sync Manager but I cannot add a single file...it will only let me add a whole folder (my video folder is 1.5TB so it won't fit on my new phone!
    -I have rebooted the phone several times but this doesn't change anything

All I want to do is add a few video files and possibly some music. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Many thanks in advance.......

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Hi Carheex, welcome to AF! :)

I've moved your post to the One X+ section.

Going from what I've seen in the original One X section, the easiest fix for Macs is using an app called AirDroid to transfer stuff wirelessly.

There's an app for the PC called MyPhoneExplorer which allows you to use USB for the same thing, but I'm not sure if there's a Mac equivalent yet, sorry.

You might also want to have a look at Doubletwist? Again, I'm not sure if there's a Mac version though.