Hi, and looking for help on Evo stuck in boot loopSupport

Last Updated:

1. moorthyr@aol.com

moorthyr@aol.com New Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 26, 2010
    Hi there. I am a newbie to Android (and a tech lover but not particularly proficient). I was a Power Palm User for 10 years, have a blackberry for work, and finally gave up my Palm for a HTC Evo 4g. Thus far, I have extremely mixed feelings.

So here is a description of my current issue. My battery died a few nights ago, and I got stuck in a do loop where the device keeps rebooting but never gets to the navigation screen. The screens I see are:
    * HTC Evo intro screen
    * Sprint
    * 4g with welcome tone

Followed by repeat of Sprint then 4g again and again.

Four other things I have noticed:
    1) I was restarting with the charger plugged in when this happened (I have read some other posts about not using the device when the battery is really low and it is plugged in) - someone else posted similar things here and other sites.
    2) I have had to go back the Sprint original micro USB charger. The aftermarket ones are iffy. Not sure why - shouldn't be so hard to get right - but it has been a mess for me.
    3) I read Pandora seems to cause crashes and device not turning on. I have uninstalled Pandora and it has not happened again. Anyone know about this?

4) I am making sure not to have the battery run out anymore.

Note that I do NOT have a exchange server sync or password. I know I have read Alphanumeric vs. numeric passwords are an issue if you are wirelessly syncing with a mail server (probably not using the right words, but hopefully you get the idea). I do not use this for work.

Thoughts or guidance on where to read?

2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Nov 28, 2009

Moved this to the Evo Support section so that you will get the appropriate help. Best of luck! :)