Hi another new member

Last Updated:

1. vaisforlovers

vaisforlovers New Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 24, 2010
    :DHi I am Joanne from Hamilton TX. Live on a small farm with cows, horses dogs and cats. Retired Nurse Anesthetist since we moved here in 1995. Love living where there are not many people and no noise. Moved from Austin.
    I have had my Eris for a year and this was my first smart phone. I have a love/hate relationship with it! I just can't quite get the using a soft touch on this thing and I end up wanting to thrash the phone when it doesn't load fast enough. I just found out that the Eris is at The End of Life which I had no idea what it meant til I researched it. I found that out while I was trying to find out why we weren't going to get Froyo. That really pissed me off. I was/am having problem with low internal memory so I called Verizon and he told me that there wasn't a way to get my apps, pictures etc on the SD card. He suggested I call Google with my problem and maybe they could help. What a ridiculous suggestion!:mad: I was never told when I bought my phone that their would be a problem with this (why would they be honest and possibly lose a sale) and that a phone had a certain amount of life before it was no longer updated and that the 8Gb SD card would just sit there and have 5Gb that could not be used for anything. I got truly mad at the Verizon tech for not informing customers about all this, lot of good that did. So even tho' I mostly like the Eris I will be looking for another phone that won't have these problems if there is one.
    I have a bunch of ?'s and I will ask in the appropriate forum.
    Nice to meet ya'll.

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Jul 9, 2010

Sorry to hear about your less than thrilling experience with the Eris and Verizon...
  3. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009