HI! - Desire + iTunes

Last Updated:

1. thebiglebowski

thebiglebowski New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello! I'm a new HTC Desire owner, still getting used to it after moving away from my iphone 3G. I think it's going to take some time to get used to the new way of using the phone. And I have to adapt my typing! The iphone keyboard seemed a little easier to type on! I keep hitting the wrong letters now!

Can anyone tell me if there is any way I can use the Desire with Itunes on my Mac? If not, what's the best way of transfering media to the Desire?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. staz1000

staz1000 Well-Known Member

You just drag and drop the mp3 files into a folder on the SD card. You may have to hunt to find the files first though on a Mac.

3. hippy247

hippy247 Well-Known Member

Download the app " isncr " from the market and you can then sync your itunes music easily. The paid version is way better.
    If you also use the 3 three music player as well because it has the best album art grabber imo

4. hippy247

hippy247 Well-Known Member

Download the app " isncr " from the market and you can then sync your itunes music easily. The paid version is way better.
    If you also use the 3 three music player as well because it has the best album art grabber imo

5. japester

japester Well-Known Member

Doubletwist is a good app - you put it on your PC/Mac then it takes all the non DRM stuff from your itunes and syncs it with the Desire. Theres an app on the marketplace by doubletwist too thats a media player.

6. FelixofMars

FelixofMars Well-Known Member

7. zachamuffin

zachamuffin Member

Sailing media sync works well as well. Just set up a playlist in itunes and then tell it to sync. Hope you don't have too many DRM songs downloaded from the store as they won't play.

You'll need to either pay apple more money to use them on your own devices or go through the hassle of burning them onto cd and reimporting them.

8. zachamuffin

zachamuffin Member

Sailing media sync works well as well. Just set up a playlist in itunes and then tell it to sync. Hope you don't have too many DRM songs downloaded from the store as they won't play.

You'll need to either pay apple more money to use them on your own devices or go through the hassle of burning them onto cd and reimporting them.

9. SL4VE

SL4VE Well-Known Member

iSyncR is amazing, highly recommend it. double twist is good but doesnt always add playlists

10. sudkcoce

sudkcoce Well-Known Member

A lot of people don't realise, you can just select the files in iTunes and drag&drop them into any folder... So, just select the songs in iTunes and drag them into a mounted Desire drive and that's it. No need for any "twisting"...

11. mlines

mlines Active Member

or for the Windows PC people that Windows Media Player happily synchronises Music, Video and Pictures with the Desire mapped as a drive.

No additional software required!

12. jred7469

jred7469 Well-Known Member

Itunes sync (google it) is freeware that works brilliantly one click sync of all your itunes library and playlists - easy to update next time you plugin too.

Would recommend mixzing as a media player

13. damuffinman

damuffinman Well-Known Member

TuneSync is probably by far the best option. Syncs your iTunes playlist wirelessly with the Desire.

Only downside is that it's not free...