Hi Everybody! Anyone go from moto droid to incredible???General

Last Updated:

1. gonzoguy24

gonzoguy24 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Any of you switch from motor Droid to incredible and want to share your opinions on the transition???? Is the battery life that bad???

Advertisement
  2. quest7

quest7 Well-Known Member

I did, had the droid for one day. Did not like the kb, and took it back the same day the inc was released. Did not have enough time to give the Droid a fair shake.

3. bhuvanaroopa

bhuvanaroopa New Member

anyone can send me calendar application code using android development

4. waremaster

waremaster Well-Known Member

I bought the Motorola Droid on release day and I loved the phone. The build quality was excellent. 3 months after I bought it my display went nuts the phone started randomly running apps and dialing numbers on its own. Verizon swiftly replaced the phone with a refurbished phone. That phone worked great. Then the Incredible came out and I got that on release day. I have been loving the incredible since. I had kept the Motorola Droid as a secondary phone on another line. But to be honest after using the incredible the Motorola Droid seemed quite slow in comparison. Just running apps seemed to lag a bit. After realizing the Motorola Droid was not going to cut it anymore for me due to the speed differences I sold it and put a Palm Pre on my secondary line due to the Free 3G Mobile Hotspot option that Verizon is offering to Palm Pre users. I felt that was worth more than keeping two Android based phones.

5. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 Well-Known Member

Agreed! Had MotD and it was awesome loved loved loved the phone.

Then switched to the Dinc and have never really looked back.

The DINC is the best phone I have ever owned and push it to the limit everyday.

The lag on the MotD is horrible.

6. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Droid has one main thing going for it- a keyboard. Where the Inc is better:

1. Speed (even when OC'd Droid is slower)
    2. Movies and images look better on amoled (for now- production going to LCD, so probably same now)
    3. Sound quality from 3.5mm- Droid and X sound weaker (external speaker is about the same on Droid)
    4. Wifi stronger
    5. Over three times more built-in app space (less reliance on external cards)
    6. Micro SD is hot swappable
    7. 6.6gb more space for media (built-in)
    8. Lighter device (default since no KB)

BTW, I wish we would see an Inc with a real keyboard and perhaps 8 more gb built-in :)

Game emu's, PC ports and Flash content FAR more user friendly with real KB.

7. gonzoguy24

What about battery life??? You guys get the 1750 mah slim battery??? How did that work??? What about the extended thick battery? Does it make the phone that much thicker???

8. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

Does every question have to have three question marks???

The Seidio 1750 is just a 1500mAh, and only a decent one at that. Get an OEM TouchPro2 battery that's 1500mAh for a lot cheaper and be happy. Other than that the HTC 2150mAh battery is a good extended battery if you don't mind the bigger back.

9. gonzoguy24

Thanks sabrewings...and yes every question did have to end with several question marks. I am friggin excited.

secretLOVER likes this.
  10. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

As you should be. It's a great device.

secretLOVER likes this.
  11. Hydro556

Hydro556 Active Member

I had a Moto Droid from November until about 3 weeks ago. Loved the device, but couldnt get one with reliable wifi. Went thru 3. On the third one I insisted they upgrade me to an Incredible, and the 2150mah battery. VZW was kind enough to do so.

Cannot tell you how much more impressed I am with the Incredible. AMAZING device. To me, it is an upgrade in every regard, and by a large margin. I never opened the keyboard on the MD, so factor that in.

Also, I dont have an issue with the battery life, because I can charge at work, so I plan to only use the extended battery on days I know I wont be able to charge, like on the 8/28 rally in washington DC. It works great, and definitely lasts a lot longer.

Go Incredible.

12. gonzoguy24

THANK YOU for the awesome reply I am sooo pumped...Eff Verizon...I went through 3 droids...and no I am not a complainer and none of it was user error...

13. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

get the dinc and be happy.. dont get sucked into the "Droid x is the bestest fonz in the wholez widez world all the restest iz n00bz

14. gonzoguy24

Hahaha I chose the Inc over the X...no thanks I dont feel like carrying around that gigantic phone hahaha

15. yojoe600

good to know... that was the thing that turned me off too... even though i wouldnt have been able to trade since i got mine a week after release day

16. HTCIncredible

HTCIncredible Well-Known Member

I went from Moto Droid to Incredible because the HTC Incredible was more me...I like the small/thinish factor. So I gave my husband the Moto Droid...it's a manly phone.

17. yojoe600

haha our phone is manly too just looks better

18. greenrolaids

greenrolaids Well-Known Member

i went from incredible to droid x and back to incredible.

I hated the half assed User interface on the Droid x.

plus the lag when going into and out of the camera.

Plus the screen was washed out, compared to the Incredible.

Plus i could not get a non blurry photo.

Since i was paying full retail, i was extreamly picky and i returned it.

The inc is much more polished, since htc has had years to work out its Sense UI..

19. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member

I made this move from moto to dinc

I had the moto for 6 weeks, i had not a single complaint about it. In my opinion it was flawless!

I originaly bought it because of the physical keyboard, which i ended up never using even once. So i figured id go with the dinc and get a lighter device, which is more updated.

wow what a difference .. im on the dinc for 2 days now, i never expected it to be so superior to everything.

I did buy the extended battery but can not yet give feedback.

and i have the seido active case, i would highly recommend this!! Everyone i show the phone to is amazed at even the case ha!

20. gonzoguy24

Awesome. I now have my incredible and have had it for a week or so and it is super friggin awesome. battery seems average but not much worse than MOTO Droid. the phone is just so blazing fast. one thing I miss is window.animations which seem to not be on the sense UI but are only there if you have stock Android or launcherpro or ADW. is there anyway to get sense widgets in a home replacement app????

21. EgoDogg

EgoDogg Well-Known Member

It's not possible, but there are replacements available in the Market, and now the developer of Launcher Pro is making exact copies of them. Just gotta get the $2.99 version of Launcher Pro. EASILY worth it.

22. turbohonda85

turbohonda85 Member

I had the moto droid for about a week. Too clunky and oddly shaped. I hardly ever used the keyboard. I love my Inc. Its fast, its sized perfect, Its Rooted now too. Droid Inc FTMFW!!!!!

23. Eris DeWitt

Eris DeWitt Active Member

I also switched from MOTO Droid to the incredible, and they are miles apart when it comes to speed and style. The only thing I liked about the MOTO better was when I added a contact it asked me automatically which gmail account I wanted to sync(since I have 3). Other than that I love it! Can't wait till Froyo!

24. Fezzik77

Fezzik77 Well-Known Member

I had the Moto Droid and I loved it. The main reason I got the Incredible is a few reasons. My dad wanted a smart phone but didn't have money to spend on a phone especially if he were having to pay for data. I could use his NE2 to get an INcredible for $100 and it had a better camera, better processor, and was lighter. I never used the slide out keyboard on the Droid. It was one of the main selling points for me but in the end I never used it and it just added weight and something that could go wrong. I found it slid out in my pocket occasionally which wasn't good. The Droid's battery lasted forever for me. I could make 2 days of normal use with it and that included using the led as a flashlight for car problems and finding things in and under my car and running GPS for navigation and stuff. After all the updates I was using GPS on all the time and charging every night but could get at least 2 days without it. With the Incredible I keep most things turned off all the time. I got rid of most of the Sense widgets (which I actually like better for the most part but they drain so much more battery) I get a day most of the time but I find that most days without my car charger I would be lost with it. And again that is with most everything turned off and very few widgets that don't update very often.

The Droid incredible does everything I want it to do or will when Froyo comes out. I have it rooted with the leaked Update loaded and it has a few minor issues but gives me most of the features I wanted. The only thing that is missing is the battery. I really need the extended battery so I hope to get that before too long. I guess the question is will I keep it or upgrade as soon as I can to whatever next gen- multi core phones are out when I can upgrade. That will probably depend on my finances more than anything. This phone will definitely last the 2 years I should wait but if I can I will always update once a year. It's just my nature.

I love the Incredible. Android 2.2 I think finally brings Android into a usable full featured phone worthy of competing in the overall market place. The Incredible has all the stats of the top phones out right now except a front facing camera and 4G neither of which are on my front burner for at least a couple of years while the new bugs get worked out. I don't know if I would get a 4G phone as my next phone or if I will get a 1 year contract in 2011 and get one in late 2012 or early 2013 depending on what is out.

Decisions decisions.

25. juanito157

juanito157 Well-Known Member

Just wondering where you got your info, this is news to me and good news if its true