• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hi Everyone! Question on new Android Phone! HELP PLEASE!

oddfuture45

Lurker
Sep 23, 2012
Hey everyone, I currently have an AT&T iPhone 4S that I got a couple months ago, around April. Previously I had the HTC Inspire 4G, and while I loved Android, the phone had a tiny battery and got no signal so I switched back to iOS. I was very involved in rooting and custom ROM's and everything, so that's not an issue. My mom has an upgrade available, and she wants to have my iPhone 4S (she has the 4, and doesnt want the 5). She's allowed me to use her upgrade to get a new phone, as I'm going to give her mine. I want to jump back onto Android because I love Jelly Bean and the new MIUI and CM10 ROMs. I'm kindof in a bind now, because since i just spent 300$ on my iPhone a couple months ago, my parents don't want me spending another 200$ for the Galaxy S3. The One X is only 99$ right now, but I like AOSP a lot better, Sense is alright, but not as nice as vanilla Android. I understand that I could just flash CM10, but I'm not sure if I should wait for the new Nexus which is apparently coming out in December. I also want a phone with a removable battery, so that's an issue with the One X, as it only has a 1800 mah battery. Should I wait until the new Nexus comes out, and will the S3 drop down in price? Or should I just pick up the one X? Thank you very much.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones