Hi Everyone!

Last Updated:

1. basscommander

basscommander Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been lurking the forums for a few weeks now, and figured I should just sign up. I got my Sprint HTC Hero a few weeks ago, as soon as I got it I rooted it. I'm still learning much about the android platform, but so far I LOVE IT. I'll be waiting to upgrade to 2.1 when it comes out though, I don't want to lose root!

I've been debating on putting a ROM on my hero, but am pretty hesitant, because i do not want to lose all the apps I have downloaded. I will say that if for nothing else, root is nice just so that you can do a nandroid backup.

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Welcome, just back up all your apps before you root. But having said that, some ROMs don't even require a wipe. Mine didn't when i went for the modaco rom :)

3. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

4. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)

5. basscommander

basscommander Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you for the replies everyone! I'm sorry it took 2 weeks to respond! LOL, I've been sick. I was pretty happy to find out today that I didn't need to wipe my phone to install the stripped down MoDoCo ROM that has busybox, after installing that on top of my stock ROM, I then installed the Gumbo Kernel. My phone flies now! I also just installed titanium backup, because I am tempted to start trying out some of the ROMS, and with titanium backup I won't lose all my apps now.

6. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums! :D
    If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM!