Hi Folks

Last Updated:

1. lobster_01

lobster_01 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, my name is Orin Day, I recently bought an LG Ally and am using it in and around Durham, NC.

It wasn't an easy choice. I was upgrading from a failing Treo 755p, so I didn't have a lot of time to waste. At the top of my list was finding a phone with a decent physical keyboard with easy access to symbols for web/PHP programming, like < > and '. I didn't care for the Moto-Droid keyboard, so the Ally seemed like a good fit. At free (new every two + private sale) the price was right.

So far I'm enjoying the sharp screen and the ConnectBot app for SSH - my main email server is LINUX so that's really the killer app from my perpective. So nice to have landscape and that keyboard compared to 50 character SSH on the Treo!

On the other side of the coin, I'm not enjoying being unable to add my Facebook contacts to phone contacts, and not enjoying the Socialite app not loading Facebook properly (and accordingly posted on the Ally forum). Hopefully that will be sorted out in due time. It's especially irking to see my wife's Incredible having flawless integration, but for me it all comes back to the keyboard.

These boards look great and hope I can be a useful member.

Orin

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome, Orin! I look forward to your posts! We are a welcoming and inclusive community. There are some more harsh people here, but understand they don't represent the forum. If anyone's mean or argumentative just hit the "!" in the corner of their post and a MOD will see it an delete it.

Steven