Hi, From a new user. Not only to the group, but to Android

Last Updated:

1. dtheron

dtheron New Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 11, 2010
    As a C/C++ Programmer:) and busy venturing in the world of Java programming (Not by choice, but by demand by my employer:mad:) since last year this is the first time in a while that I actually want to venture into a new world by start writing apps for my new Sony Ericcson X10:D.

I feel there is a lot of stuff that nearly do it the way I want it, but not close:rolleyes:. Best then is to do it yourself and if someone else can use it, why not:D.

From this you must realise that I am a creat supporter of Open Source products;);). One of the things I would like to do (As soon as I am confident on developeing Graphics stuff) is to write a GPS program that use local maps and don't need to download it -- For FREE!!!!

Finished my studies as Metallurgist in 1986.
    Start studying in Computer Sience at the University of South Africa
    Finished that in 1992
    Worke at the Atomic Energy Corporation of South Africa, moved to the Weather Buro of South Africa in 1995.
    Move from there to a Company that do swithing of claims from Medical Doctors to Medical funds. Became a Consultant for a few years, turn back to permanent employent. Move up and down in Technical and Management positions. Descide that management is not for me.

Now --- I just love it to be a techie and leave all the hassles of management to other people who wants to do it:D.

My envirment of choice is Unix/Linux whith C/C++, but currently Using JCAPS and Java. Would like to convince my bosses to do the same stuff in C/C++:eek:.

bigdroid likes this.
  2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

May 11, 2010
    Glad to have someone with your know how here!:D
  3. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
  4. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Jan 11, 2010