Hi from London!

Last Updated:

1. Goooooooooogle

Goooooooooogle Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I currently have a iPhone 3G but I find it far to restricted so I'm considering a G1 or some other Android handset for my next phone, so I've come here to learn more about it.

Advertisement
  2. jonno.n

jonno.n Member

Welcome, we hope you switch. The G1 isn't quite as polished as the iPhone yet, but it's on the way there. And when it gets there, it'll be way better as the platform is much more open (i.e. lacking restrictions, as in the marketplace) than the iPhone. While for the moment this means there's a lot of garbage to sift through while everyone figures out how to code G1 apps, in the long-run I think there will be much more interesting apps available, and more for free.

Anyway, welcome again. Hope you get a G1 =)

3. Goooooooooogle

Goooooooooogle Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I am certainly looking forward to less restrictions and don't mind if it's not as polished, the updates will sort that out over time.

I am also interested in developing mobile apps and the Android marketplace seems a lot better to program for than the App Store (a one-off fee, no restrictions on what I can develop, no risk of having my app rejected).

The only thing that would stop me from buying a phone with Android is lack of pay as you go option, because I'm not using a contract phone.