• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hi from the Desert SW

How many folks root their phone?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Why Root if it work fine now?

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
Hi Everyone,
I found all of you by accident but found the website very valuable and has already helped me with my Samsung Galaxy S4. As funny as it sound I turned in my flip phone for my first SMART phone last year and came into the 21st century. :)
I don't know if I can help other but I sure need help. ;)

Oh my Avatar is a OV-10 aircraft I flew in Vietnam. Yes I'm that old.:p

Last edited:
I'm from the desert too but a mile high, where they have these things called trees. Now I'm trying to understand the relation between deserts and rooting.

What high desert are you from Denver or Colorado Springs?
It asked if I wanted a survey question so I added a survey question. :p
Its like saving the paper writing and save a trees. :)
A new user and a survey question all in one.

Upvote 0
North of Phoenix, where only one in ten thousand root their phones – I know all six of them.

Being new to Smart phones I find it intriguing how they won't let you control what apps you can't remove.
I guess that's how they offset the price when you buy one.
Maybe in the future I may consider rooting but not sure if it worth the effort.
I did not buy any extended warranty from SPRINT because if something breaks it still will be cheaper to have it repaired by them. The extra warrant for 2 phones over 2 years is was $20 a month per phone and that totals almost $2,000.

Upvote 0
Thank you all for your greetings from the cool part of the desert. :)
The other subject line I started about rooting can be stopped as I see now many people have asked the same questions.
The problems I have seen is the one who write the steps use terminology and short cuts in the steps that they expect all to understand and follow.
For I plan NOT to root my phone and enjoy Google. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones