• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hi guys, looking for phone recommendations

redryder74

Lurker
Jan 15, 2012
Hi all,

First of all, I'm a blackberry user for many years and my wife is a nokia user. We both don't have experience with touchscreen phones. She really only uses her phone for texting and calls, so she avoided android/IOS phones as they were overkill. Recently she's developed thumb soreness from too much sms, and I was thinking maybe switching to a stylus/touch screen combo might help.

Do you guys have any recommendations for a reliable android phone that's easy to use for a non-techie? Or should we look at the new windows phone OS?

I came from a BB to an Android phone. I've never looked back. I think you will find that an Android device is very intuitive. It's popular to the techie sort because you can get into the nuts and bolts of the OS and customize it more to your liking. That doesn't mean you have to. I would highly recommend an Android phone to anyone.. those that like it as is.. and for those that want to manipulate and customize. As for a specific device.. that's a tough one. There are many different Android phones and they vary because people's desires in a phone vary. I would suggest narrowing down your research by first choosing a carrier and a phone they have within my budget.
Armed with that information I would check out the different phones of interest by clicking into their areas of discussion here at Android Forums. You will find candid information on each phone by the owners/users of them here at AF. Each phone has it's own area of discussion. Just find the ones of interest in this list and do some serious reading. Android Phones - Android Forums Have fun with your research and thanks for using these forums.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones