Hi Guys.

Last Updated:

1. amd3000

amd3000 Member This Topic's Starter

I am new to android. Bought a t-mobile pulse 1 week ago and still trying to love it. Its very basic with some important features excluded which should be standard. Its a far cry from my old Nokia N95 :) All being well i can find some answers to questions in the forum.

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Welcome, feel free to ask anything. Wouldn't call an android phone very basic tho (I'd probably say something more like "limitless")!

3. amd3000

Just need some basic features i miss from my N95 like, abillity to password protect sms inbox as well as create folders for storage and a numeric password log-in screen instead of having to draw a picture. Also dont like the way sms notifications disply content in 'top task bar'. Read a lot of negative things about this phone before i bought it but must say a lot of the comments were rubbish. Build quality is excellent, battery life very acceptable. Screen very responsive, even to sausage fingers :). Suppose apps will become available that cover my needs as time goes by. Did see a good looking one called SmS Deceptor but its not on market any more. Anyway... Love this forum and learned a lot from it and hope to continue to do so.

4. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Id make a post in the pulse section, just list your problems/what you want to do and we can help, link me once you've made the thread too as I can help with some of them :p

Also check out the thread in my sig, it has some good app recommendations :p

5. amd3000

Will do. Many thanks.

6. amd3000

7. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)

8. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

9. DR.DREW

DR.DREW Member

welcome

10. clitrenta

clitrenta Well-Known Member

I would say that Android devices are somewhat "basic" out of the box but then I think it's intended to be. It's an OS that can be molded and shaped into most anythng you want and need. A lot of phones come with certain abilities and that's what you got. The Android based phones don't come with as much but then you have the option of adding many apps that can help you turn the phone into exactly what you need. In this way, every phone becomes tailored to you and your needs. Hard to beat that. I had a Blackberry before my MyTouch and it did most things I needed right out of the box and I could download some apps but that was pretty much it. It did what I needed and not much more. With the MyTouch, it not only does what I need, it does a lot of things I'd just "want" it to do. Do I really need GPS navigation? Probably not that important but having it for the one occasion when you'd really like to have it is great. I have made my phone into exactly what I would want my phone to be if I was designing it myself. That said, there are still some improvements to be made (there always are) but for now, I'm really enjoying Android.

11. splenditello

splenditello Member

greetings all and happy new year. I am relatively new to android and am here to learn as much as possible about this exciting new technology, specifically the apps.

12. amd3000

Hi Clitrenta thats a good way to look at it. Am liking it more each day as i add new features. Just downloading Co Pilot 8 which will sort out my Sat Nav. Fingers crossed for a decent security app in the near future.

13. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Welcome to AF! :D