Hi, I am intimidated, but with info I'll be ok!

Last Updated: 2009-12-28 20:59:56
  1. suzi

suzi New Member

Well I just got my first smartphone. I had a simple Motorola Rokr, which was an amazing phone. I decided to get the HTC Hero from Ntelos, which I thought was the same as the sprint phone. But the cable I got with my phone isn't what I see available for the Hero. See attached photo.
    What do you call the connector on my phone?[​IMG] It is sort of rectangular, but there is a bottom corner cut off diagonally. Is this what everyone's looks like? Where do I get a charger or USB cable?

So far I am figuring out many of my problems, except how to unlock the screen without hitting the power button. My screen locked during a call to Ntelos customer service, and I hung up after a long wait when I tried to get the screen unlocked! Is there an app for that?

Also the weather app that came on the phone has a bunch of cities on my home page that I don't want. Can I delete all the cities but mine? There are 9, and I only want one. I think it is accuweather.

Thanks, I'm learning a lot. I hope I'll like this thing soon.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Robchaos

Robchaos Well-Known Member

That is the same as a sprint cable. You can unplug the cable from the wall charger body and use it as a USB sync cable.
    Unlock the screen by hitting the menu button twice.
    You should be able to set your home city in the weather app and also remove unwanted cities. click on the weather app to open up the main screen, then hit the menu button and check out all the options. Welcome to the forums
  3. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum, glad to have ya aboard
  4. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Welcome to AF! [​IMG]

I hope you had a good Christmas (if you celebrate it) and have a happy new year [​IMG]
  5. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:
  6. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)