1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

hi i just begain learning java and i need advice

Last Updated:

1. flyhigh427

flyhigh427 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hi im used to vb6 but the future seems to be in java so here i am.
    what im wanting to do make some of the games i made in vb6 into android apps if possible .
    should i start off makeing the games in java for windows first or just studying beginning android games ,,because theres alot of stuff i need to do,that the books dont tell.
    thanks all

Advertisement
  2. flyhigh427

flyhigh427 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well Thank You
    My typing is bad ,yes
    Many Thanks to you ,sir

3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Welcome to the AndroidForums, flyhigh427.

You've made a great insight there: yes, there's ton's that you need to know that aren't covered in the programming books. You'll find lots of places to start in these threads:

http://androidforums.com/application-development/663630-application-development-developer-101-stickies-list.html

this one is especially good:

http://androidforums.com/application-development/377722-welcome-start-here-faqs-tips-learning-resources-tutorials-helpful-threads.html

Finding resources and tutorials is a great place to start, too. You'll find real-world examples that will help cement what you're trying to learn and absorb. Just take your time--there's a lot out there and it will take a bit of time.

:)

You typing is just fine, flyhigh427--we don't care one whit how folks type here as long as they are polite and respectful to each other--which you certainly are.

Please let us know if we can help you find anything around here. We're very pleased you signed-up with us here at AF.

Cheers!