hi, I need help with the yahoo webpageSupport

Last Updated: 2011-05-08 17:08:41
  1. pastoryoshi

pastoryoshi Member

I have a dell streak 5 and i do not want to use the yahoo email application that is designed for the phone, I need to view it as a normal web page in a normal browser the same as it is on my computer. Does anyone know how to do this?

Advertisement
  2. aconrad86

aconrad86 Well-Known Member

go to yahoo.com and then on the settings for the browser, i use skyfire and its easy to switch there set it for the default display instead of android
  3. pastoryoshi

pastoryoshi Member

Thanks, I have been looking for what you described but so far I have been completely unsuccessful at finding any form of "settings" for the browser. Can you tell me where to find that?
  4. algs26

algs26 Well-Known Member

You can change your user agent from Android to Desktop.
    1) I use Dolphin HD with a shortcut toggle
    or
    2)
    On the stock browser, I found some instructions but had to do extra steps:
    On the address bar (delete the http://): about:config (will get a blank page)
    On the address bar: about:debug (address will switch to about:config and still be a blank page)
    Menu -> More -> Settings -> (Scroll way down to UAstring) -> Desktop

http://mail.yahoo.com

But only yahoo mail classic seems to work for me.
    User Name: likes this.
  5. pastoryoshi

pastoryoshi Member

LoL! that is quite a maze of stuff. On my screen it refuses to do the new yahoo as well, it says the screen resolution on a phone does not allow it so It needs to use the classic version for me too. That is fine with me since I prefer the classic version since I have been using it for 18 years : )
  6. nb_mitch

nb_mitch Well-Known Member

I have use K9 for all my mail and it works great. I never got a Yahoo app to work real well, so I gave up on it, but that was back in Dec, so it might be better now.