Hi. I'm new here

Last Updated: 2012-09-01 02:57:55
  1. Guru82

Guru82 Well-Known Member

So I've come to androidforums.com, looking for someplace to share details on how I managed to get root and install a ROM on my Desire S with hboot 2.00.0002 and S-ON.

So what brought me to root the Desire S? Impatience with the slow delayed ICS rollout here in Australia, and the inability to remove system apps such as Weibo (Chinese social network bloatware... Hong Kong RUU.) and Twitter (I simply dont tweet). So, I've taken the plunge and it has been both beneficial and fun. I haven't lost any hair yet.
    Before proceeding I read of multiple methods of rooting the Desire S and put together my own guide, which borrows parts of multiple guides. I wish to share this information when I finish some particulars (rom/app recommend reference list), and have the ability to post links.

Certainly not a Guru in high sense, as my name may be perceived by you. I have no programing knowledge in any language. I, however, am an above average IT enthusiast, who likes to share accomplishments.

Advertisement
  2. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums, Guru82!:)
    We are glad you have joined us, here.

I have moved this thread into the Desire S 'all things root' forum so that others can read and post in this thread.
    El Presidente likes this.
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Welcome to AF Guru, glad to have to here. :)