Hi, I'm terrible at introducing myself.

Last Updated:

1. AranS

AranS New Member This Topic's Starter

So, here I am. =\

I've been trying to decide on how to take the Android plunge and figured I'd come investigate what "real people" (You know, as opposed to those pretend ones who write reviews for websites) have to say about the phones I'm looking at.

I'm with Verizon and not exactly working with an unlimited budget or timeframe to keep being indecisive. (It's upgrade time and I'm getting pestered to make up my mind since I said I wanted to do all the upgrades at once)

I use my phone as a toy before as a phone, so I want good battery life, lots of processing power for games and futzing about on the internet, I'm not terribly concerned whether or not it has a keyboard, and finally at the bottom of my requirements comes call quality.

I'm currently looking between the Droid X, Droid 2, and HTC Incredible, in no particular order. Everyone tells me to avoid the X because it's junk, it's unstable, etc., but it seems to be the perfect size for me (My old Omnia is tiny in my hand and I carry my phone in a cargo pocket of my pants anyhow so being "too big" isn't going to be an issue.)

The Incredible was top of my list before I saw the X and its size difference, based on specs.

The Droid 2 ... well... I'm kind of pondering whether or not it's worth splurging and cutting corners elsewhere in my budget on the R2D2 :3 I am a nerd.

But this isn't really the proper subforum for that, I imagine. Told you I was bad at introductions!

Advertisement
  2. davidnmegan6907

davidnmegan6907 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the android forums glad to have you here

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

Whoever has been telling you that the Droid X is junk has sadly been misleading you. I know lots of people, including myself, who have been very happy with the DX. Yes Motorola has the bootloader locked down but that hasn't stopped people from modding it.

4. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Hi! Welcome to the Android Forums!