Hi, my name is Jim and I have a Flashing Addiction

1. Hunterbeav

Hunterbeav Well-Known Member

Hi all .....this rooting thing all started innocently enough..was just going to get the hotspot fix and that was it....now I'm an addict....even when everything is going good in my relationship with my evo I'm always looking around for something better looking, faster, more attrabutes...I feel cheap and unfaithful....my god what am I to do...are there meetings, are there pills that will help....maybe I should start R.A. ( rooters anonymous ) at least then there would be others like me to talk to....:D...who will join

Advertisement
    onpointG35, LilBit, Granite1 and 10 others like this.
  2. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Well-Known Member

3. Droidster

Droidster Well-Known Member

In the club.... do they have a 12 step to slow down... oh ya, buy an iphone:D
    it is strange, I wanted occasional wifi for the laptop and didn't wanna spend the $$ then I found out I can play angry birds without ads... that was it...
  4. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

Hi Jim. :)
  5. Granite1

I'm in pseudo recovery. I was a flashaholic with my Hero. Just got the EVO, so I'm being a good boy so far.
  6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

yeah i thought that i had an evo addiction til i rooted. now i really have it bad now. i literally cannot put the phone down. i use my phone so much now that i'm constantly charging my phone. it is not that i do not have a bad battery life. its just that i'm using it too much. i may get a bigger battery but that will make my beautiful evo ugly. i hate my addiction (not really). help!!!!!!!
  7. mijjah1974

mijjah1974 Member

I'm in. Can't put it down, always reading the forums. Having to mod, theme, try new things. Just can't seem to get enough.
  8. Hunterbeav

Lol......lord help us!!!!
  9. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

I was constantly in trouble with the fiancee....got her an android phone and all is well
    Matlock likes this.
  10. Matlock

Matlock Well-Known Member

Hello.. My name is Matt, and I have an Android Rooting addiction... and I love it!!

You should have knocked out a Poll for it. lol
  11. medwa

medwa Well-Known Member

Spoken like a true addict!
  12. ocnbrze

i'm currently trying out a sleep app. it says that i have to put the phone down next to me. i woke up snuggling with it in my arms. is there anything wrong with that?
    medwa, Xtremedays and Matlock like this.
  13. kuscoot

kuscoot Active Member

No.

You know, the first step to recovery is admitting you have an addiction. So congrats to my many fellow addicts. . .
    I'm not sure about turning my addiction over to the "EVO GODS" . . . I'm not sure that step will work as intended!
    ocnbrze likes this.
  14. CzarMatt

CzarMatt Well-Known Member

I can stop whenever I want! Really! I can! I...you... get off my back! *flashes a ROM* Oh, that's the stuff. :D
    ocnbrze likes this.
  15. Hunterbeav

Lol, talk dirty to me you little android phone;)
    ocnbrze likes this.
  16. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Well-Known Member

Same here. Always told to "Put the phone down!"......tried for a month to get her to upgrade to an Evo but she decided on the Epic.....guess in a couple weeks when she wants hers rooted I will have to learn on that one. :D
  17. Hunterbeav

Mine had an EVO before me. I rooted hers so she could have the sprint hotspot and she never plays with hers...I'm constantly playing with mine...maybe it just a guy thing that we learned at a very young age...teeheee;)
  18. Granite1

I worked for the first time in a week today. First day back with the evo. Got yelled at by the boss. Then I had to spend about 20 minutes showing him features and such. Poor guy has a BB......I think the addiction may have spread to a potential convert....
  19. kuscoot

kuscoot Active Member

I must introduce the term ENABLING . We have several typical examples of the power of addiction. Enabling your wives to become an addict... just not right. Even worse is enabling your boss to engage in the addiction. You sir have gone too far. Please save yourselves and get to a meeting tonight. You've all heard the saying "I was hooked after the first Rom". Don't let yourselves have that same fate. There is hope if you act quickly.
    GodSpeed EVO Addicts.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  20. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member

Good job soldier!!!
  21. surfologist87

surfologist87 Well-Known Member

Bahahaha im thinking of getting my girlfriend a hero. So that she understands a little of what my problem is.
  22. fortisi876

fortisi876 Well-Known Member

When you guys saying "rooting" addiction do you really mean 'flashing'?
    If yes, then count me in I'm definitely a flashoholic!

However, this latest version of MIUI has made me it's bitch and have since seized the numerous daily flashes. It still has its quirks but man overall it kicks some ass!
    ocnbrze likes this.
  23. ocnbrze

help!!! i just flashed mikfroyo 4.4. i cant stop!!!!!!!!!!! no more roms please!!!!!
  24. Hunterbeav

You do know that mikfroyo 4.5 is soon to be finished lol. I'm on 4.5 beta3 as we speak....this flashing of roms will never end.......quietly Jim says ( I hope )
  25. ocnbrze

yeah i know,
    i kind of like to wait til it is out of beta. couldn't wait.
    i have issues!