Hi, my name is Jim and I have a Flashing Addiction

1. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

I never thought I would turn into a phone geek....but here I am!!!
  2. Hunterbeav

Hunterbeav Well-Known Member

Lol me 2...and I'm carrying pencils in my top shirt pocket :(
  3. stompyevo

stompyevo Well-Known Member

+100, me too i onlly used my PC for reading about rooting and now i love my EVO even more
  4. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

+1. Mee too. Even the PC games have eased up quite a bit. Ok, I'll be honest, they have stopped altogether.

My entire evening after the heathens are put to bed consists of: Beer, Android Forums, and rocking back and forth until the Nandroid backup has completed. :rolleyes:
  5. expose11

expose11 Member

I rooted my Hero just three months in. I was flashing every update of cm till I got aosp. I was happy. Then my speaker broke on my beloved Hero. I was at my anniversary date so I got the EVO. This thing is so fast coming from a Hero, who needs to do anything to it.
    One day later, I'm rooted........And so it continues.
  6. Granite1

I flashed the latest GB ROm onto my old Hero... it never ends!
  7. Granite1

Still don't have the marbles to root the evo........one day.....I can still flash away on the old Hero to get my fix. :)
  8. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Well-Known Member

Its a piece of cake.....when you finally root your Evo though, your Hero is going to feel neglected ;)

I sold me Hero off after I rooted my Evo because it started collecting dust.
  9. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

Hi I'm Urge, I just rooted my phone a day ago, flashed MikFroyo, and I'm already thinking about flashing another ROM.
  10. Druid_42

Druid_42 Member

Yep, same boat here. We recently upgraded our family plan to 3 EVO 4Gs, (18 yr old daughter, wife, and I) and the 18 yr old asked me about jailbreaking. "It's called rooting, jailbreaking is for iphones." I have one down and 2 to go. I ask them if they want me to flash theirs yet, and I get this wild look of fear in their eyes. They grip their Evos to their bosoms like I was asking to take away very soul. Yet, it is only a matter of time, because as they complain about their battery life, asking where the charger is, I laugh and tell them where my battery is at. They look at me with scorn in their eyes.
    I do highly recommend Azreal X as a ROM to try. I'm running 3.1, but they just released 4.0 (ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrr!) yesterday. Yeah, that's right, I'm upset, because I absolutely ADORE my phone's performance on 3.1. They can't make this any better, can they? I see the new features, sigh heavily, and click on the download link.

Oh, BTW, has anyone named theirs yet? Just curious.
  11. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

I too am constantly getting in trouble with my fiancee.....At times she feels like she's competing with my Evo for time! Terrible huh lol.

I should get her an android phone....There's no price for peace of mind in the household.
  12. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

That worked out quite well for me. I bought my wife an Evo. She won't let me touch it, though, lol.
  13. frenchy714

I started letting her play with Evo here and there, she likes to play angry birds and fruit ninja, but once she gets on it, it's hard to get it back! :D
  14. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

Hi my name andygu3, long time Hero flasher, soon to be an Evo flasher:D

Little late to the game but never to late to try something new;)
  15. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

Welcome andygu3! ;) I've rooted, but am still on stock rom for now....This is an awesome phone. You won't regret this decision.

Lots to read here....start with this: Rooting for Dummies.
    andygu3 likes this.
  16. frenchy714

How is Mik 4.5? Any significant changes from 4.4?
  17. Granite1

WHATS UP ANDY!!! The evo is what I expected from the Hero, but better. :) I'm going to root this sucka tonight!

Folks Andy will no doubt be helping us with our evo's soon enough, he helped me with my Hero several times. ;)
    andygu3 likes this.
  18. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

3 days I've had the Evo, where's my root?:eek:
  19. lcallen80

lcallen80 Well-Known Member

I'm so glad there is a group of rootheads i can talk to...Hi my name is.....umm...my name is..wait i think i put it in the root of my sd card..no wait!! that was the rom i flashed!!! somebody please help!!!
  20. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

OMG the new mikfroyo is out!!!!!! it is so fast and smooth. man just in time for my fix. i mean...... wait. oh yeah, i told myself i would stop. damn it!!!MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!! NO MORE PLEASE.
  21. Granite1

I'm currently getting my fix with myns myriad of themes and add ons. :D
  22. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

would this count on my HMO???... pay for help?
  23. Granite1

If you have a flex spending account, I think you're covered.
  24. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

I love this thread!
    so to all the new rooters
    Hello, my name is Jim and i'm a flashaholic. since i rooted my phone i have flashed in no particular order:
    myn's warm2.2 rls5, fresh, mikforyo 4.4, mikfroyo4.5, koni's elite, miui 1.19,cm7 ,kings froyo unleashed, myn's warm z, and soon to be caulkin's evio 2 v1.8 (i know, i know, can't help it)

it has been 2 days since my last flash!
  25. jconeab

jconeab Member

Hahaha, same here. All my gaming activity has stopped and I am constantly on these forums reading up on different ROM's and customizations. Charging my phone twice a day because I can't put it down... the woman just sighs at me when I get caught playing with it and not listening to her :(