Hi my name is Jordan

Last Updated:

1. jfritzs2

jfritzs2 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

And I think it is incredibly ridiculous and stupid to see so many people cut and paste "Welcome to the Forum" type replies to these new people's introductions just to get replies by your name!!!

Its crazy what people will do just to get the number of posts they have higher! Because they obviously have no concern for what these new people have to say, they are just looking for an excuse to post something so that they can have 3,000 posts under their name. Come on! The purpose of this forum isn't to take up memory and bandwidth! These threads are to introduce each other, meet and greet, talk casually to people, and point them in the right direction.

Its sad and stupid that so many people that are looked up to with thousands of posts by their name, who are believed to have experience got those posts by just cheating the system with copy and paste!

Its absurd and foolish! And I know that I will just get the same copy and pasted, "Welcome to the forums" replies with this post.

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

It is nice but more funny that some think that they know the reason behind everything ... opinions are wonderful ... :rolleyes:

3. jfritzs2

I know that I jumped to assume that I knew why people did what I accused them of, but why do those members with the most posts seem to be the most frequent to the introduction forum where they only say welcome to the forum?

4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

A rant is still a rant no matter how you dress it up ...

site staff are the most frequent posters here ....

some of us have been with this site since almost its beginning and do want to greet everyone ... if we have an answer we answer that or let them know they need to post in the appropriate place ... and we may even move their posts to that place ... because it really doesn't belong in "intro's"

so the lesson might be ... don't use the same paint brush for everyone ...

jfritzs2 likes this.
  5. jfritzs2

Ok, I ranted, I don't take it back. I just want people coming into this forum to feel welcome, and when they ask for some kind of quick advice, and in return they get a like 4 different welcome to the forum replies, I'd think this forum was run by bots, and it wouldn't be helpful. But it is, its a great forum, and I just want new people to see that.

Look, I know that you have been here a very like time, pretty much from the beginning which like 2 years ago, and so its normal for you to have like 8,000 posts, and I'm not attacking you or anyone. I just want this forum to benefit the new guys with quality, and not the old guys with statistics quantity. I want the new members to feel welcome and have a good time here.

6. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)
    pssst(this was not copied and pasted) I actually do read these and really could care less how many replies I have! Enjoy your visits!!

jfritzs2 likes this.