Hi, Navigating forums, Right places for hiring

1. BigPuppy

BigPuppy Member

Hi,

I'm very experienced in PC, but never tried Android.

First of all, I want to place an ad for finding a programmer to port PC IE application (100% working prototype) to Android and to other browsers.

I don't want to create extra threads.
    Could you please point me to the right place.

Could you also point me to the right place where I can ask questions like the following:
    Which Android app can be used to convert an Android device to a fully functional Google Voice WiFi phone, including receiving calls like on a regular cordless phone? It's OK if the app requires to sign up via ObiTalk, or Sipgate, or other no-charge services.

I could not see any directions to these places from the home page...

Thank you very much, and all the best in the New Year.

Advertisement
  2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

BigPuppy likes this.
  3. BigPuppy

BigPuppy Member

Thanks, you sound very friendly.

Please also don't hasitate to provide specific answers for these requests :)
  4. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

No probelms... we like to try and help on this site! :)

I can't help you with the first part of your request (as I don't know anything about app development) and I have never used VOIP... I thought that Google Voice did what you wanted... as I haven't used it, I thought it best to point you to where you should get an answer!

Members of this forum are generally quite helpful, so you should get answers for specific questions, but I don't know how many of our members actually spend a lot of time in here. I am actually part of a team of guides who have signed up to welcoming new members, so we can point them in the right direction! :)
  5. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Lv 60 Bounty Hunter Moderator

Welcome to Android Forums!