• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hi, new htc user here, needs help! :(

bloodjak

Lurker
Aug 10, 2009
Hi, I just got my htc magic yesterday and I was meddling around with it for awhile and i realised, when you receive text messages there are no vibration? Is it possible to make the phone vibrate when there are new text messages?

And also, is it possible to turn of gprs so that i wont accidentally connect to the internet with it? Omg, so sorry if im asking too many questions! ><

ChompSMS is far superior to the default SMS client and offer the ability to vibrate when you get a message.

So many different apps/widgets use the data connection that I think disabling the connection will greatly reduce the functionality of the phone. The only way that I know to block all data use would be to edit the network settings thereby disabling the ability to connect to your provider's data network

Upvote 0
bloodjak:

Go into your settings, and you can do the following:

Wireless controls: Turn Wifi off
Data Synchronization > Data Synchronization > Background Data: Turn Off
Data Synchronization > Data Synchronization > Auto Sync: Turn Off

I also suggest downloading the free apps "Useful Switchers" (to get to the above settings more easily) and "TasKiller" to stop apps from running in the background.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones