Hi! new to vrzn and new to droid.I Have ??

Last Updated:

1. John_b

John_b New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone, My name is john and I just switched from att blackberry curve to the vrzn motorola droid about 5days ago. So far i am LOVING this phone, but i'm having problems calling out. The phone keeps dropping my calls and i have no idea why. i tried calling the*228 and reconnected. But it's still happening. would this be due to any bugs to the phone? I thought it might have been my cheeks hitting the end button but when i look at the phone the screen is off. any help?

also is there a app for this forum?

Advertisement
  2. srq2625

srq2625 Well-Known Member

The Droid has a proximity sensor that is supposed to sense when the phone is next to your head or other large dense object :) and and turn off the touchpad as appropriate. It sounds like that's working for you.

Dropped calls - Sounds more like a signal strength issue. What do you have for signal strength?

3. tyneusch

tyneusch Well-Known Member

Also there is a slight possiblity that you have received a faulty handset. I would go in to Verizon and talk with them. Of course to get a new one you would need to prove it to them, but srq2625 is right, it may be your signal strength on the VZW network.

Also, try Tapatalk, there is a free version on the market but you can use it to read and write on this forum.

4. John_b

John_b New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys you've been really helpful, I'm going to head down to Verizon today. It's weird because i usually have 3-4bars up with 3g on. Hopefully verizon can figure out whats wrong. Thanks again srq2625,tyneusch.