• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hi Newbie age 64 with Samsung Galaxy

As I have mentioned I have a Galaxy GT I9000 firmware 2.3.3 Baseband version I9000xxjvq Kernel Version 2.6.35.7-I900xwjvn-cl366455 Build GingerbreadAD.xwjvn.
Problem I have been advised by Telstra that my samsung device is not compatable Next G that is and only operates on the 3G 2100MHz network and as a result I will be shut down 31 Aug 2012 I approached there tech desk and basically I was told that my phone is not from telstra and sorry you have to get a new phone and plan cya later
The phone was purchased through frequent flyer points but it did cost a lot of travel to visit grand kids (11)
Question Is there a fix or do I toss it.

It sounds bad.. and I'm sorry. It seems a hardware problem and I doubt there is a fix.. and that stinks for you. :( You might check in with the other owners of your GT and see what they are doing or if there is indeed a solution beyond a slam dunk.
Here is a link to the list of phones and their support areas. Just give your phone a click from the list and ask about. Good luck and thanks for using these forums.

Android Phones - Android Forums

Currently we have a new thread in our social area where existing members are paying
tribute to the new people that have just joined Android Forums. This is something
the regular users thought up to give you some idea how the group truly welcomes you to these forums. I encourage you to check out the thread and say hello. We are really glad that you joined these forums. Here is a link to that thread:
http://androidforums.com/lounge/508...ts-first-annual-newbie-appreciation-week.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones