Hi. Phone Suggestions?

Last Updated:

1. akaJAY7

akaJAY7 New Member This Topic's Starter

First of all, hello and sorry if this question is in the wrong place.

I'm aware that it's not a straightforward to answer as I make out, but I was wondering which Android phone has the highest spec, or are there any due out soon that I should hold out for?

The one I was originally looking at is the HTC Desire Z, but although I would appreciate the physical keyboard, I can't bear to think that I'd be getting a phone that isn't the flagship model (i.e. the Desire HD).

I mostly use my phone for general surfing, facebook, pretty heavy texting and obviously, making calls. A decent camera that will work in bar/clubs would be a bonus. The only thing that would really put me off is physical size. Although I'm not too fussy, I do want it to be pocket friendly. For that reason, I'd be interested to get my hands on a Desire HD and see what it's like.

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to the Android Forums community! Glad you signed up! Feel free to join the coversations! :D

I'll move this 4 u!

3. akaJAY7

akaJAY7 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Steve :)

4. No_u

No_u Well-Known Member

Why not get the original HTC Desire, I have it. It's fantastic. Smooth and does everything you can wish for, it's like a netbook :p

The Desire HD has a few new features though, the 5.1 surround, 4,3 inch screen (although same resolution as the original), dual LED flash and 8 megapixel camera are nice.

The Desire Z is ALSO the flagship of HTC right now, it has the new Sense so I don't see why it wouldn't be. I think the 800 Mhz processor performs just as good as my 1Ghz processor since it's newer but I can't tell for sure.

You can't go wrong with any of the three. HTC is amazing.

5. Usta

Usta Well-Known Member

I agree. The trio is together forming the flagship of HTC and offers different high-end devices. Desire might be a bit older, but it comes also as the cheapest. :)

6. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

The original desire does have one fault - small internal memory, and not all apps can be moved to sd.