Hi - Replacement battery for HTC Desire HDAccessories

Last Updated:

1. LordGreyhound

LordGreyhound New Member

Hi. New user here. I signed up because I'm thinking of getting a HTC Desire HD, but the one thing all reviews seem to agree upon is that the battery life is pretty bad. Are there any viable replacement batteries of, say, 1800 mAh or is the form factor just not permitting of such a high capacity?

2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums! :)
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Once conditioned, the battery is actually comparable to other smart phones. I can easily get 36 hours out of it on light use, maybe 24 hours on average use. There are a few threads on here to help you get the most out of it.

From my experience, higher capacity batteries don't help a great deal and my phone has felt less stable with them installed. If you're looking for a little extra juice, you can buy portable chargers which seem a better idea than a new battery.

Welcome aboard. :)
  4. loulou

loulou Well-Known Member

I want to buy a new battery too, but from reading around it seems that some Chinese ebay batteries are rebadged or not much better than the original.

HUKD has this recently: High Capacity 1600mah Battery for HTC Desire HD - BMCdigital.co.uk - The Memory People though not much feedback, and Out of stock now.

Mugen seem to have a good reputation. The Mugen 1800mAh is discontinued on their site..and this one has a single bad review: Mugen HTC Desire HD Battery Extended Battery - 1300mAh

If I had a definitive answer I'd buy one today!
  5. jrytan

jrytan Member

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forums too. Got my DHD about 3 weeks back. Absolutely blown away by its awesome usability. Converted from an iPhone 3GS... not going to turn back.

I agree that battery life is quite horrible on the DHD with medium to high usage. I couldn't get more than 12 hours in the beginning. I've been reading up forums today and found quite a fair bit of tweaks that i'm going to try. Hopefully things will turn out better as i track battery life over the next few days.

On that note, I would like to advise everyone who's thinking about getting the 1600mah batteries on eBay to NOT buy it!!!! I was extremely frustrated by the constant need to charge my phone at every possible chance i got. So i thought that the 1600mah battery would give me significantly more "juice" to keep up with my usage. However, its DOES NOT work. Do not be fooled by the fact that 1600mah would sustain the phone for a longer duration. As soon as the batteries arrived, i charged them for 16 hours before putting them to use. Sadly, the battery life is EXACTLY the same as the stock HTC batteries. Can't really tell if its a scam or that the batch i received was defective. Whatever it is, i don't think its that effective. Maybe down the road if HTC gets enough negative feedback, they might roll out their own 1600 mah batteries. Only then things might be different. But for now, I'd advise you save your money on other things more useful :)

Sorry for the long post. Thought it might give everyone some insight should any of you be considering buying those batteries.
  6. loulou

loulou Well-Known Member

I took a chance and ordered the 1600 mAh BMC Digital battery (