Hi there! (Ticker tape: "Hi there!")

Last Updated:

1. Quantum0700

Quantum0700 Member This Topic's Starter

No, I do not have an Android phone. However, I am in the process of doing research on what smartphones are the best options. Knowing all too well the Android craze, I thought I'd drop by an Android forum to see what Android's users can do with their phones. After all, forum users aren't news writers or reviewers (...well, they MAY be). They're normal people, and with this large a community, it's difficult to find any overall cumulative bias (beyond of course the fact that most everyone here uses an Android). In fact, today a friend of mine showed off HIS Android by HTC to me, and it was actually fairly impressive.

Now of course, being an AT&T member ( D: ), I'm sort of stuck with the ass end of the Android lineup, and I AM NOT paying $500+ for an unlocked phone. Quite frankly, it's not the sort of investment I'm willing to put into a smartphone whose warranty will most likely be crushed by jailbreaking anyway. Therefore, my main selection is from Samsung's plasticine collection of phones. At least I do have a selection from the 3 main OSes: iOS, Android, and now Windows Phone 7. WP7 looks promising, but it's too new, and there's not enough content for it yet. Therefore it's sadly ruled out, leaving Apple's accented interface and Google's gregarious open-source platform (yay for alliteration!).

So why am I here? To find out if Android is all that I've heard it is, and while I'm here, to have a good time and become one with the Android user community.;)

tl;dr: so I herd you liek Androids, then I herd I'll like Androids- also HAI

(Wow that was a long post. I should win a medal for that. "Best Homeric Forum Post"?)

Advertisement
  2. LearningAndroid

LearningAndroid Member

Excellent intro

3. davidnmegan6907

davidnmegan6907 Well-Known Member

welcome to the forums glad to have you here.that's a lot of reading lol.well only other smartphone I have had is blackberry and from my opinion android is worlds of difference better.

4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

5. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

tl;dr
    LOL
    Welcome to Android Forums!! The greatest place on the webernets!!