• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hi to adf

I've had palm's since HTC Visor, and after it was on the way out, got a visorphone cheap, hooked ever since. I managed a group of unix sysadmins back when SAP got big and before the skill, unix OS's and hardware were as robust as they are today, so lots of outages to manage. I soon bought a Treo after the visorphone took a ride on the top of a car. It looked unharmed until I turned it over, hahahah!
The ability to have my team contact info on the phone, and send them an SMS to email while on an outage call truly improved my quality of life. I could ask questions I didn't want to ask on the concall, and drop or pull in more resource - I was hooked.
Those days are mostly over, systems are extremely stable, but now push email, location services, all great stuff.

It is early March 2010 - I'm waiting on an N1 or something compelling on AT&T, as I get a great work discount. Considered a palm pre and really like what they've done, but the hardware problems are significant, and they appear likely to be taken over unless the next provider they add or product release is a home run. Plus, I like learning new platforms and have some unix background, so Android is appealing.

Mostly, I'm hoping to gain back the screen real estate on the front that says "introduce yourself" !

ADS

I've had palm's since HTC Visor, and after it was on the way out, got a visorphone cheap, hooked ever since. I managed a group of unix sysadmins back when SAP got big and before the skill, unix OS's and hardware were as robust as they are today, so lots of outages to manage. I soon bought a Treo after the visorphone took a ride on the top of a car. It looked unharmed until I turned it over, hahahah!
The ability to have my team contact info on the phone, and send them an SMS to email while on an outage call truly improved my quality of life. I could ask questions I didn't want to ask on the concall, and drop or pull in more resource - I was hooked.
Those days are mostly over, systems are extremely stable, but now push email, location services, all great stuff.

It is early March 2010 - I'm waiting on an N1 or something compelling on AT&T, as I get a great work discount. Considered a palm pre and really like what they've done, but the hardware problems are significant, and they appear likely to be taken over unless the next provider they add or product release is a home run. Plus, I like learning new platforms and have some unix background, so Android is appealing.

Mostly, I'm hoping to gain back the screen real estate on the front that says "introduce yourself" !

ADS
Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones