• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hi to all

stylelite

Apr 29, 2010
Gosport, UK
Im new to this forum but am very impressed and glad I registered. I work for my self but wont go into detail, don't want to bore you all. I do like my phones though, I proberbly shouldn't mention this but my first smartphones were the N70 and then the N95 I then moved on to th Hero. I had a lot of problems with the hero, 4 replacement handset in total and then Orange asked if I would like to try the Desire, well thats a no brainer. Well Im now on my 2nd Desire and its looking as though this one will have to be replaced. Problems with this one are, when I switch the phone on in the mornings it is taking between 5 and 10 mins for mobile network to connect and according to HTC thats not right, have done a hard reset but that didn't sort it out. 2nd problem, I can receive MMS okish but cannot send them, settings have been checked, double checked and triple checked. Last night I did manage to get one to send so I thought I had it sorted, wrong, this afternoon it wouldn't send. Notification say unable to send, generic network error. 3rd problem when I creat a new mms I attch the pic, tap on done and then send I get a Red exclamation mark to the right of the slide show image I want to send. If any one knows what this red exclamation mark means please let me know.
Any way to try and sort these problems out Orange are sending me a new sim card and if this doesn't sort it then it looks like a new phone.
Apart from these problems I think it is a fantastic phone.
If any one has any sugestion regarding the above problems please let me know.

Thanks all

Just an update to the problems I was haveing with my desire. Orange didn't know what was causing the red exclamation mark when sending and receiving MMS, so they sent me out a brand new phone. I asked if I could have a black one and they said yes, other one was brown. Im glad I went for the black as it is much better. On the brown one the power button and the volume up/down were very loose and wouldn't always respond very well but on the black one there's no movement and they are a lot more positive. So all good at the moment.

I did email HTC about the red exclamation mark and here is what they said: After looking into this further it would appear the red exclamation mark only appears if the phone is unable to send a message. Please use the previous settings to set up the phone. Alternatively you can also use the following procedure to restore the default settings: 1. on the device, tap the menu icon. 2. select settings>wireless & networks>mobile networks>access point names. 3. press the menu key and tap restore defaults.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones