Last Updated:

1. xytkhi

xytkhi New Member

hello all
    my battery life is so awful.. i wanna make the battery life longer
    i saw this : 1800mah Andida Battery for HTC Desire HD
    google it.

what do u think about this bat?
    its make battery life longer,,, OR its a garbage ?

TNX !

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Hi xytkhi, welcome to AF! :)

I've moved your post to the Desire HD section (you'd posted in the Original Desire section, easy mistake to make though :))

In my humble opinion, I would steer clear. I've found that "higher capacity" 3rd Party batteries will seem to look/work better than stock initially, but after a short period of time, charge will drop off rapidly and the capacity will be worse than standard.

There was a thread here a while back that mentioned Andida batteries specifically. It was probably a 60-40 split in favour of those who didn't find they offered anything more than HTC's offering.

There's no harm in giving them a go, but I wouldn't expect much, sorry.
    xytkhi and D-U-R-X like this.
  3. xytkhi

xytkhi New Member

thanks ! i learn it now and i think u r right
  4. ral

ral Well-Known Member

Any thoughts on the 1500 mAh Mugen battery?
  5. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

To be honest ral, I've only ever used the stock battery and (other than once or twice, due to the ROM I flashed) have had pretty good experieces. I did think about getting an aftermarket "long life" battery but, from what I read about the majority of them, it just doesn't seem worth it... they all sound to give better impressions to start with but, as El Presidente says, quickly drop on their performance.
  6. ral

ral Well-Known Member

Might as well stuck with stock, the Mugen cost almost twice as much as stock.
  7. D-U-R-X

How long have you had it? What sort of performance are you getting?
  8. ral

ral Well-Known Member

No. I am on my second stock battery. Was thinking of having this shipped a few months ago, but I just got another battery at the HTC Service Center.
  9. D-U-R-X

Ahh... I see!

The majority of people have reported the same sort of reults as EP said above with 3rd party batteries :)
  10. Securityman

Securityman New Member

This is the first one to come up on Google after a search for a new battery for my HTC HD Desire so i thought i would update this thread.
    I had my phone for about 2 years and would be lucky to make it from 9am to 4 pm. It has never made it over 24hr from new that i can remember.
    Was going to go for a stock battery for about
  11. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Fair comment Securityman, if it's working out better than stock for you, that's great :).

Re. Samsung Vs. HTC, I'd say HTC's have better build quality, but it's a matter of opinion. I know plenty people who prefer Samsung over HTC.