• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories HI (: to buy or not to buy andida bat ?

Hi xytkhi, welcome to AF! :)

I've moved your post to the Desire HD section (you'd posted in the Original Desire section, easy mistake to make though :))

In my humble opinion, I would steer clear. I've found that "higher capacity" 3rd Party batteries will seem to look/work better than stock initially, but after a short period of time, charge will drop off rapidly and the capacity will be worse than standard.

There was a thread here a while back that mentioned Andida batteries specifically. It was probably a 60-40 split in favour of those who didn't find they offered anything more than HTC's offering.

There's no harm in giving them a go, but I wouldn't expect much, sorry.

Reactions: xytkhi and D-U-R-X
Upvote 0
To be honest ral, I've only ever used the stock battery and (other than once or twice, due to the ROM I flashed) have had pretty good experieces. I did think about getting an aftermarket "long life" battery but, from what I read about the majority of them, it just doesn't seem worth it... they all sound to give better impressions to start with but, as El Presidente says, quickly drop on their performance.

Upvote 0
This is the first one to come up on Google after a search for a new battery for my HTC HD Desire so i thought i would update this thread.
I had my phone for about 2 years and would be lucky to make it from 9am to 4 pm. It has never made it over 24hr from new that i can remember.
Was going to go for a stock battery for about

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones