• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hi - unsavvy HTC Desire ower 'newbie'

mnemosyne

Lurker
Jul 30, 2010
:eek:
Hi. I'm so glad to have found this forum and am hoping you can help me get to grips with my new phone and get the most out of it.

I'm practically 'techie illiterate' and have just about got to grips with the very basics of my HTC Desire. I've read the manual, read reviews and played around with it.

I'll be honest - my reason for joining this forum is mostly selfish - I need help to use my phone.....

be gentle with me - explain things as basically and fully as possible, be patient and walk me through it :D

thanks

Mnemosyne

having spent a week learning the basics on my new phone, it was time to sort out my music. I visited Amazon to purchase mp3 and download directly to my phone.

I thought I followed the instructions to the letter but obviously didn't. I tried to download a required (read 'useful/beneficial') app - Amazon Downloader mp3 to my phone but don't think this worked - i didn't get the sequence of screens/messages that were outlined on amazon. i purchased an entire album, there was no activity. htere was a message to say that the purdchase would 'download momentarily' but this never happened and the tracks are nowhere to be found.

So i tried to get round this by downloading to my laptop with intetion of transferrring to phone via usb. I cannot find an option to download the album i purchased onto laptop.

PLEASE HELP - what have I done wrong?

thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones