Hi Y'all!

Last Updated:

1. SouthernChick

SouthernChick New Member This Topic's Starter

Just wanted to stop in and say Hi to you other Droid users, experts and genuises. I just bought my first Droid, a Samsung Fascinate. In fact, it is my first smart phone. For the past 10 years I have have just regular feature phones from AT and T - a couple of Nokias, a Razor, and a Motorola. Boring.

I was all set, with money in hand, to waltz into Best Buy and buy an iPhone 4 until I laid my eyes on the Samsung Fascinate. I fell in love with the 4" super AMOLED screen, as well as the whole look of the phone. Yeah, I know it sorta does look like an iPhone. LOL

So back to the drawing board I went, to read up on the Fascinate and compare it to other Droids and of course the iPhone. I seriously considered the Captivate too since I was already with AT&T and thought about the Droid X more than once. However, after handling the Fascinate, I vetoed those two as neither felt as good in my hand as the gorgeous Fascinate plus I thought they were uuugly. The reviews I read all over the internet also sold me on the Fascinate. So bye bye iPhone, hello Droid, hello Galaxy S!

So far, in the week I have had it, I love it. I still have a LOT to learn about it. Oh yea, and I plan to root it - the right way hopefully. I do not like all of the crapware Verizon has put on it, despise Bing - love Google everything. I knew about these drawbacks before I bought it and switched to Verizon. I am hoping the root will get rid of these flaws. I also cannot wait for the 2.2 update, not to mention Gingerbread.

Anyway, that's my phone story. I look forward to learning more from you guys. Who knows, maybe one day, I may even be able to contribute something on here. Thanks to y'all ahead of time! :)

Advertisement
  2. davidnmegan6907

davidnmegan6907 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums glad to have you here. Id have to say I think you made the right choice..:D

3. RobertsAccount

RobertsAccount Active Member

Hi there :) Welcome to the forums...

4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

5. trav2001

trav2001 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the community!