Hi!

Last Updated:

1. dansamy

dansamy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The little green robot at the top asked me to come say "hi", so I did!

My name is Amy. I'm new to Android, but I used to use a Palm Treo during nursing school. I'm a nurse now and haven't used a smartphone since shortly after graduating RN school. They've changed a lot in the last 4 years. It's like a new world. When I had my Treo, it was pretty much PalmOS, Windows Mobile and Blackberry. And Palm was putting Windows on some of its Treos.

I think the descent of the iPhone shortly after I graduated RN school is what changed the landscape so much. Now, all the nurses I work with, who teased me about my Treo, carry iPhones. Half of them don't even fully utilize these devices or their capabilities. It flabbergasts me! There's one who still pulls out a reference book regarding laboratory tests instead of using ePocrates or Skyscape.

Anyway, I have jumped back in to a smartphone and chose Android because Verizon has better signal at my home. (I can get a signal from all 4 major carriers and a couple regionals at my workplace.) Obviously, there was no option to choose an iPhone. Since I don't own an iPod or any other Apple products, there wasn't any loss or pain or compatibility headaches in choosing an Android phone.

I'm currently using an HTC Droid Eris, which I purchased from eBay. I am waiting for my new every 2 credit to be available in mid October before choosing one of the newest, latest releases to purchase. I am strongly considering the Samsung Fascinate or the Droid X.

Sorry! That got a wee bit long. I tend to ramble!

~Amy~

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Hi Amy! Glad ur here! there are lot of girls here! Welcome to Android Forums! :)

3. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Welcome!