HI!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by burt, Apr 24, 2010.

1. burt

burt New Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Birmingham, UK
    [edit] Sorry - I should just say hello, hello! I've dumped this question in the appropriate thread now. Thanks!

Three days into Android, via a HTC Desire, and I'm a convert - great OS backed up by an open, friendly community:) - got my head around most things by trial/error/forums, but there's one thing: I'm OCD about keeping my OSs supertidy, so the preloaded Orange branded HTC is a pain, as its got a load of URL/program shortcuts for stuff I'll never use; games, pay-subscribe traffic apps, etc - thing is, they have no uninstallers, or even the sledgehammer of a delete - they just sit there in my manage applications list mocking me! Tried a couple of third party uninstallers, but these just scan the installed apps for ones with uninstallers, something I can do by hand....

I'm sure there's a nice easy way of getting rid of these objects, but I wanted to check with people who know what they're doing first:) - I've got a 3rd party FS explorer, OI, which I can hit the FS of the phone, where I can see .apk and .opex files for the offending apps, so a question:

1) What are the consequences of deleting both files in Android? Orphaned objects elsewhere, etc...

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member
    VIP Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Washington DC, USA
    Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool: