Hi

Last Updated:

1. Fulo

Fulo New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

Just got my handset yesterday. Really lovely piece of technology and a definite upgrade from Nokia.
    I was jus wondering if it still true that it is a must to leave the phone to charge for 8-12 hours for the firts time ?
    As you probably can imagine I couldn't resist waiting that long and started using it almost immiedietely.
    I read some of the posts and it was suggested that ther might be some applications running in the background that drain the battery. That's why first thing I downloaded from the Market was Advance Task Killer.
    I would hope that the battery would last more than 24 hours with medium use. Am I too optimistic ?
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

Welcome to the forums!

I think it is recommended that the first charge should be long. Advanced Task Killer isn't really necessary, as Android does the job by itself. The task killer application might in fact drain your battery, prevent it from sleeping, etc.

As for the battery life, I don't know what your device is, so you might want to check out its subforum. ;)

3. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)