hidden applications

1. johnnyjp

johnnyjp Active Member

If i go to the application manager i can see there these apps

Google talk, ringtone trimmer and stream media player by HTC, but they're not in the menu. How can i access them?

Advertisement
  2. jason-567

jason-567 Well-Known Member

@johnnyjpk googletalk is avalible on the main app list, and i think the other two you dont need to access as they only run in the background when you do certain things eg. stream videos on youtube
  3. johnnyjp

johnnyjp Active Member

if it was in my main menu then i wouldnt ask... its not there...
  4. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! :D

'Tis true, not every app has a corresponding program icon in the application drawer; for instance widgets and services have a different kind of interface.

If you are looking for a ringtone trimmer, have a look at Ringdroid. :)
  5. FelixofMars

FelixofMars Well-Known Member

By any chance are you on Orange?

That would be why GoogleTalk is missing. You can install the APK manually but Orange have made it extra work thanks to them wanting you to waste money on their messenger service.

http://androidforums.com/htc-desire/66543-google-talk-htc-desire-orange.html

The ringtone trimmer is activated when you use the music player just select a track and use the menu options button, says something like 'use as ringtone'. that will launch the app.

6. johnnyjp

johnnyjp Active Member

yes, im with orange

and what's even strangier, i actually had to restore my phone to factory settings and it turned out that after hard reset some applications are gone (i can only see them in application management) but i have some new though i still have the orange branding and services like maps, messenger, etc.

hm i tried downloading google talk from the market, but its not there... is there a way to download it directly from google or do i have to download id off some suspicious site?

and another thing, because im new to the android thing, is the os itself available for download and if so how can i install a fresh copy of android without the sense and orange branding (not that i dont like it, im just curious)

thanks