Hidden Contacts for Samsung Moment?Support

Last Updated:

1. MustangsHood

MustangsHood Member This Topic's Starter

Older Samsung phones have a "Hidden Contacts" option, but my Samsung Moment doesn't seem to.
    Does anyone know how to access a hidden contacts feature on this phone?
    -or-
    Does anyone know of any good apps that will do this for the Moment? I've been searching apps for quite a while.
    Ideally, I'd like to have password protected contacts + text messages and either a silent ring option or the 'straight to voicemail' option already on the phone.
    Thanks in advance,
    Tony
    :D

Advertisement
  2. Milano

Milano New Member

Hidden contacts? Look Tony.. if you want to cheat on your wife, just keep those other girls' phone numbers memorized!

3. PSYB0RG

PSYB0RG Well-Known Member

Edit:
    Milano, u gotta learn to stop DISCRIMINATING!

j/k with u both. :D

4. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

i think you can do it, but it's like a multiple step process...

1) create a folder in your GMAIL account called "hidden contacts" or whatever...
    2) create another folder called "everyone else"
    3) under contacts - click menu > display group - display "everyone else"

then for your other question, edit your contact, and there is an option to send straight to voicemail and to change the ringer.

MustangsHood likes this.
  5. AndroidStephen

AndroidStephen Well-Known Member

There is an app called Super - Private conversation... handles calls as well as SMS messaging.. customize notifications many different ways or you can blacklist people (won't come through at all or straight to voicemail with or without notification) and you can put people in a "private conversation" folder (still in normal contacts.. just the calls don't show in call log and SMS messages are stored in the app.. not your normal messaging app)... lots of ways to customize if they show up in the normal contacts or not... hide from normal messaging app, specia status bar icons, etc... even has an option for a fake password that takes you to a bogus to-do list. (I actually used Better Cut to make a shortcut with a custom icon that makes it look like a to-do list on my home screen) Works well.. my only suggestion is: if you use it to store contacts and pull them out of your "normal" list.. make sure you back them up somewhere.. if you delete the app.. then they are gone.

Hope that helps,
    Stephen

MustangsHood likes this.
  6. MustangsHood

MustangsHood Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you guys for the responses. :D
    Earlier today, I tried your idea chibucks, and it definitely works. It's an easy way to keep only the contacts I want on my 'Contacts' list. However later I noticed that people I had removed from my contacts list are continuing to show up on both my 'Call Log' and my 'Frequently Called Numbers' in the 'Favorites' section.
    I decided to give Super Private Conversation a try. Thank you AndroidStephen. The description for it looks exactly like what I'm looking for (except I read it won't block MMS messages yet). The reviews for it look really good. I just installed it, but haven't got to test it out yet. I'll keep you guys updated as to how it goes.
    Thanks again, :)
    Tony