• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

hidden photo albums

bryanpw

Lurker
Apr 7, 2013
I saw yesterday that my friend had installed something on his t mobile Samsung galaxy s3 when he typed in ## then like 5 other numbers it pulled up hidden photo albums. Does anyone know what he used to get to do that, if you could tell me that would be great thanks!

any directory or file with a . in front of the filename will not be visible to programs unless they're specifically looking for them. it's a part of the android operating system. there are programs out there that take advantage of this, and you've seen the one that your friend uses.

the standard gallery will not see, for example, a folder called ".pictures" and everything inside of it will effectively be hidden from that program.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones