Hidden Settings

Last Updated:

1. prj

prj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've got the Nonsensikal ROM installed on my phone and I have seen this with other ROMs as well.

When I long press on the Home Screen>Shortcuts>Activities>Settings...I see more available settings available then if I pick Menu>Settings.

Such as Dock Settings, SIM Card Lock Settings and few others.

Why aren't these items to be found anywhere under the normal settings menu?

Advertisement
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Just a guess, but those are the universe of possible things in the settings menu. For the Eris, which does not have SIM cards, there is no reason for a setting for "SIM Card Lock", and the Eris does not have a car dock, so there is no reason for "Dock settings", so the settings are removed from the actual settings menu.

Said another way, when you go to the shortcuts menu after a long-press, it doesn't scan what is actually in your settings menu - they are preloaded.

Perhaps the developer is supposed to remove them but they just haven't done that yet.

3. prj

prj Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That was kind of my thought as well, but I wasn't sure. I assumed those features would show up in the settings menu on phones that actually support those types of features.

4. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

Just on the topic of "hidden" stuffs, check out Spare Parts which does open up a few extra settings. Just for simplicities sake.