Hide Caller ID?

Last Updated:

1. Scott Spillers

Scott Spillers Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone figured out how to hide your outgoing Caller ID on the EVO? I need to be able to do this in order to use my phone for work calls without giving out my personal number to everyone that I call.

Advertisement
  2. ColeRoolz

ColeRoolz Active Member

use *67

3. Scott Spillers

Scott Spillers Member This Topic's Starter

*67 doesnt seem to work on the EVO. Isn't there an option to just disable Caller ID somewhere?

4. kauaison

kauaison New Member

*67 worked for me, just add it to the front of the # dialed on my evo, but seems this version of android doesnt have the caller id toggle like my G1 did.

5. L8AGIN

L8AGIN Well-Known Member

You used to be able to block your outgoing caller id through sprint. The thing was ALL outgoing calls did not show your number. Not sure if that's what you want or just certain numbers.

6. QuickDraw

QuickDraw Well-Known Member

You can call Sprint and ask them to have your # blocked, that's the way I ended up doing it. Also, IF you wanted certain individuals to know who is calling them such as your family, the you would need to put *82 in front of the # you dial. That's it. :rolleyes:

7. QuickDraw

I would have used this method if it wasn't for the fact that when I tried to use it, I always got a strange fast busy type signal. Weird that it does't do that with everyone. :confused:

8. BigHAZE

BigHAZE Well-Known Member

9. rsa

rsa Well-Known Member

YES, simply get a Google Voice number and use it!

10. QuickDraw

This is just my opinion. With that said, to the OP, I went with Google Voice and got the provided # in the beginning and I personally didn't like it, and not that that in of itself should be why you should not try it, it's just that when you do sign up for it and you don't like it, YOUR STUCK HAVING TO SEND THEM, IN WRITING, A REQUEST TO GET RID OF IT (which I have already done).

Just my opinion, but I think it's a suckie service. Now I'm having to wait till god knows how long for them to receive my notice IN WRITING, to take my # out of their system. :mad: A total fricking DRAG.

11. shandroid

shandroid Well-Known Member

^^ why don't you just disable it online?

12. L8AGIN

L8AGIN Well-Known Member

Does google voice show your new google voice number when making outgoing calls? I think the op wants his outgoing calls from showing his personal number.